Where to report 1099-DIV from Robinhood

If you had a brokerage account with Robinhood, you'll most likely receive a Form 1099-DIV from the broker.

In general, you will report your 1099-DIV income on line 3a of Form 1040 if you received ordinary dividends, and on line 3b if you received qualified dividends. You will also need to report any capital gains distributions from your 1099-DIV on Schedule D of your tax return.

Ordinary dividends are taxed at your regular income tax rate, while qualified dividends are taxed at the capital gains tax rate, which is generally lower than the regular income tax rate.

The dividend must be paid by a U.S. corporation or a qualified foreign corporation and you must have held the stock on which the dividend was paid for more than 60 days during the 121-day period that began 60 days before the ex-dividend date.

It's important to note that not all dividends are qualified, and it's up to the company that pays the dividend to determine whether a particular dividend is qualified or not.