How Are Interest & Dividends Taxed?

You are taxed on interest or dividends paid or credited to you during the year. The amounts reportable on your tax return will usually be shown on Form 1099-INT or Form 1099-DIV you receive from the payer during the year. However, this income is reportable even if you did not receive such a document.